Italian Language and Literature

Of the 248 Italian Language and Literature degrees granted each year, 32% percent of whom are men and the other 68% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being granted a degree in Italian Language and Literature than any other state? In fact, California awarded 45 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Italian Language and Literature is $42,100.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
248
Total Males
79
Total Females
169

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    145

  • Total Masters degree

    36

  • Total Associates degree

    22

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    22

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    16

  • Total Post masters certificate

    3

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    2

  • Total Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Degree

    2

Race/Ethnicity

See where Italian Language and Literature is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Italian Language and Literature degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Italian Language and Literature

Columbia University in the City of New York, New York University and the University of California-Berkeley are three schools well-known for Italian Language and Literature programs. In fact, around 11 Columbia University in the City of New York students are pursuing degrees in Italian Language and Literature. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Italian Language and Literature Majors

The highest paying job for Italian Language and Literature majors is Foreign Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary. But, another thing to think about is how many job openings there currently is. A job that is in high need that a degree in Italian Language and Literature can prepare you for is Interpreters and Translators.

Top Paying Careers for Italian Language and Literature

  1. Foreign Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $67,640)
  2. Interpreters and Translators   (Median Wage: $49,930)

Most in Demand Careers for Italian Language and Literature

  1. Interpreters and Translators
  2. Foreign Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Please wait, we're estimating your net price