Top Industrial Engineering All Programs - 2020

Of the 9,695 Industrial Engineering degrees granted each year, 70% percent of whom are men and the other 30% percent are women. Did you know that Texas has more students graduating with a degree in Industrial Engineering than any other state? In fact, Texas awarded 1,078 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering is $61,467.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
9,695
Total Males
6,818
Total Females
2,877

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    5,654

  • Total Masters degree

    3,242

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    329

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    232

  • Total Postbaccalaureate certificate

    152

  • Total Associates degree

    42

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    29

  • Total Post masters certificate

    14

  • Total Doctors other degree

    1

Race/Ethnicity

See where Industrial Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Industrial Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Industrial Engineering

Binghamton University, Lehigh University and Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University are three schools well-known for Industrial Engineering programs. In fact, there are 191 students at Binghamton University pursuing degrees in Industrial Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Industrial Engineering Majors

The highest paying jobs for Industrial Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Industrial Production Managers and Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary. However, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Industrial Engineering can prepare you for are Industrial Engineers, Architectural and Engineering Managers and Industrial Production Managers.

Top Paying Careers for Industrial Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $140,760)
  2. Industrial Production Managers   (Median Wage: $103,380)
  3. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $101,720)
  4. Industrial Engineers   (Median Wage: $87,040)
College Raptor loading bar gif.