Top Metallurgical Engineering All Programs - 2020

Of the 217 Metallurgical Engineering degrees granted each year, 67% percent of whom are men and the other 33% percent are women. Did you know that Colorado has more students graduating with a degree in Metallurgical Engineering than any other state? In fact, Colorado granted 68 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering is $64,763.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
217
Total Males
146
Total Females
71

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    162

  • Total Masters degree

    35

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    20

Race/Ethnicity

See where Metallurgical Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Metallurgical Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Metallurgical Engineering

Colorado School of Mines, Montana Technological University and the University of Utah are three schools well-known for Metallurgical Engineering programs. In fact, there are 68 students at Colorado School of Mines pursuing degrees in Metallurgical Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Careers for Metallurgical Engineering Majors

The highest paying jobs for Metallurgical Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Materials Engineers. However, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Metallurgical Engineering can prepare you for are Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Materials Engineers.

Top Paying Careers for Metallurgical Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $140,760)
  2. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $101,720)
  3. Materials Engineers   (Median Wage: $92,390)
College Raptor loading bar gif.